*Four months after Prince was found dead of a fentanyl overdose in his Paisley Park estate, it’s being reported that the synthetic opioid — described as 50 times stronger than heroin and 100 times more powerful than morphine — was found in an over-the-counter Aleve bottle at his home.
Pills marked as hydrocodone that were seized after his death actually tested positive for fentanyl, a source with knowledge of the investigation told the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Nearly two dozen were found in the Aleve bottle, a source told the Associated Press on condition of anonymity.
The singer may have taken the pills not knowing that they contained the more powerful drug and accidentally overdosed, a source told the Star Tribune.
The musician, who weighed only 112 pounds at the time of his death April 21, had so much fentanyl in his system, autopsy results showed, that it would have killed anyone, regardless of size, the source added.
Records showed that Prince did not have a prescription for any controlled substance in the state in the year before he died.