ALIZEE: NIGERIAN SINGER AND HER 4-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER MURDERED BY BILLIONAIRE HUSBAND
Rising Nigerian singer, Ali Zainab Nielsen, better known as Alizee, has been shot dead by her Danish husband, Peter Nielsen. The incident reportedly occurred on April 5 at their home in Ocean Parade, Banana Island, Ikoyi, Lagos.
According to reports, she was murdered along with her 4-year old daughter, a member of her management team confirmed.
“Its really a shocking and sad development. We all woke up to the sad news of her death this morning and to find out that the homicide was committed by her husband makes it all the more sad. The Police has been brought in to the case and we’ll share more details as we get them.”
The circumstances leading to her death have yet to be revealed.
Alizee, who signed a two-year record deal with an Asian record label, Petra Entertainment in 2017, once told Vanguard: “It’s been a long time coming and I’m really happy this deal came through. From now on it can and will only get better. The decision to sign a deal with Petra Entertainment is appropriate and with technical brains like Kaycee and his team-leading affairs, I’m confident the outcome will surely meet yield a positive result.
Prior to inking a deal with the Japan-based label, Alizee was a Lagos-based up-and-coming. She has a single titled: ‘greenlight’ which features Del B.
Here’s a statement by Alizee’s management, Petra Entertainment Limited:
1. Petra Entertainment Limited has received with shock news of the sudden demise of our artist Nielsen Zainab Joy (Aged 29) and her daughter Nielsen Petra (Aged 4) at their Banana Island, Lagos home on the 5th of April 2018.
2. The late Nielsen Zainab Joy (also known as Alizee) was a Nigerian citizen married to Nielsen Peter Schau a Danish citizen resident in Nigeria.
3. While we exercise restraint in making public comments on the circumstances surrounding the demise of Alizee and her daughter, – in order not to prejudices on-going police investigations – it has become important to correct some misinformation presently circulating in the media space.
4. In this regard, we state that the husband of the late Nielsen Zainab Joy who is also the father of the late Nielsen Petra is Nielsen Peter Schau. Nielsen Peter Schau is a Danish citizen and not an Italian or Asian as has been reported by several media outlets.
5. We call all law enforcement agencies to speedily unravel the circumstances surrounding the demise of these vibrant Nigerians and bring all complicit persons and/or entities to justice.
6. In the light of reports suggesting that Alizee’s husband may be under Police investigation in connection with these painful deaths, We particularly call on the Nigerian immigration Services to remain vigilant at this time and urge the cooperation of all foreign missions in the country.
7. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the relatives of the late Zainab and Petra.